Monday, February 28, 2011

Kilimanjaro Half Marathon, Bagamoyo, & William's Village

It's so hard to blog.....

So hard to take the time to articulately describe my experiences over here with the emotion and passion that they often deserve.  So today I'm going to cheat and take you to a couple of my good friends' blogs who are very talented writers and who have articulately and passionately described some of my recent experiences here (with pictures!).

This weekend I ran the Kilimanjaro Half Marathon in Moshi, Tanzania.  It was pretty awesome, to say the least.... I ran it with a few fellow teachers, and my friend Heather blogged about it in words that are almost identical to my own experience (even down to the songs).... so just read her post and pretend like it's me saying it all, ok? ;)

Heather's Blog: Kili Half

[**especially these sentences:  "Then I started to get excited. It struck me that I was in AFRICA, and I was going to do the one thing that I loved most in the world."  ... and ...  "I was once again overwhelmed by the goodness of God in giving me a day of health, friends to run with, and the ability to run with joy.  How kind of Him to give good gifts like this that are only for enjoyment, challenge, and well-being."  My thoughts and experiences EXACTLY...! :)]


***** 


Before her post about the Kili Half, she blogged about the trip to Bagamoyo that she, Laura, and I took a couple weeks ago.  Bagamoyo is a historic town here with a lot of slave history, just up the coast from us.  Read her (short) post on it as well (and please notice her "blondes really do have more fun comment" about Laura and me on the pikipiki..... Haha). ;)

Heather's Blog: Bagamoyo


*****


Laura just wrote a beautiful blog post about her experiences at William's Village.... Read it for another glimpse into our time there (and our Saturday with them on Valentine's Day) and a sweet little story about her "favorite" little boy. :)

Laura's Blog: William's Village



[p.s. Heather and Laura are both English teachers here so they're both awesome writers .... sorry for the plagiarism, girls!] ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment