Sunday, February 19, 2012

In a Quote

I have a lot of posts swirling in my head that will hopefully make it here soon.... :)  but in the meantime, an excerpt from Katie Davis's book "Kisses from Katie".  If you want a glimpse into my life and why I'm here, this pretty much sums it up....

"Most days, I wished I could wake up under my down comforter in a house with my loving family, not all by myself.  Sometimes I just wished I could hang out with my little brother and his buddies, eating junk food and laughing late into the night.  Sometimes I wanted to spend hours upon hours talking with my best friends about boys and fashion and school and life.  I wanted to go to the gym; I wanted my hair to look nice; I wanted to be allowed to wear jeans.  I wanted to be a normal person living in America, sometimes.
But I wanted other things more.  ALL the time.  I wanted to be spiritually and emotionally filled every day of my life.  I wanted to be loved and cuddled by a hundred children and never go a day without laughing.  I wanted to wake up to a rooster's crow and open my eyes to see lush green trees that seemed to pulse with life against a piercing blue sky and the rusty red soil.  I wanted to be challeged endlessly; I wanted to be learning and growing every minute.  I wanted to be taught by those who teach, and I wanted to share God's love with people who otherwise might not know it.  I wanted to work so hard that I ended every day filthy and too tired to move.  I wanted to feel needed, important, and used by the Lord.  I wanted to make some kind of difference no matter how small, and I wanted to follow the calling God had placed on my heart.  I wanted to give my life away, to serve the Lord with each breath, each second.  And at the end of the day, no matter how hard, I wanted to be right here."
-Katie Davis

Couldn't say it better. :)  Especially after spending the day with the kids at Kurasini orphanage today, playing and loving and cuddling.... as they just kept reaching out for more and more and more.....

1 comment:

  1. I understand this completely, but more in a 'wish I was there' kind of haze... I'm believing it will happen soon :)

    ReplyDelete