Monday, August 9, 2010

In Tanzania!

I'm here!! And loving it! I'm pretty tired after a long day- ready for bed, so just going to give some words now to give a picture of my life & experiences here so far .... (sorry for the repeats from Facebook!)

-Making lots of wonderful new friends
-Delicious Tanzanian dinner tonight with ugali, rice, beans, & cabbage
-African market shopping experiences today (wooden stalls & bargaining)
-Only able to speak about 10 words of Swahili (got lots to work on here...)
-A long run down a "street that has no name" (literally.... and it's a major road here too, ha!)
-Hot, humid, & mosquitoes!
-Overlooking the gorgeous Indian Ocean
-People & kids everywhere in the streets all over the city
-And... my favorite- HUGE smiles on kids in the street that just about kill me!! (No language barrier for that one) Words can't express....!


Feeling more and more at home with every experience. I love it. More updates to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment