Sunday, October 9, 2011

Back in Dar!

Hello, Blog!  It has been a while.  I meant to update over the summer but that didn't exactly happen.... Hope some of you still read this!  I just got back in Dar today (yesterday? messed up with the jetlag...) and it is good to be back.  I had a wonderful 3 months in Dallas (and traveling all over!) for the summer and am SO thankful for that time.  It did make it a little hard to leave.... I'd just been there long enough for it to feel like "home" again so it was hard saying my good-byes, but I figure I can't complain that I have 2 wonderful places I can now call home full of so many loved ones! 

I am really looking forward to the new role I will have this year and to the potential before me to create lasting change for so many people here through Karama (more of an update on Karama and my new role to come).  And I am so incredibly thankful for my faithful and generous friends and supporters in the States who have made it possible for me to come back here.... I truly could not be here and do this work without you!!  You are a part of this, too!

I'll write more soon.... And plan on blogging more this year.... but wanted to at least give the update that I'm back!  Excited for the year and all that is in store.... It will be different in a lot of ways than last year and I am excited to see those changes pan out and to see what God does from here.  I do miss my friends and family in the States so you can pray for my transition time back here.... But I also foresee a lot more Skype this year than I did last year so plan on that, friends! :)

The verses God gave me for this coming year: 

**Delight yourself in the Lord** and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your ways to him, trust in Him, and He will do this:  He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn and **the justice of your cause** like the noonday sun. ~Psalm 37:4-5 

What good words.  Thank you, God. :)  I can't wait to delight more in HIM this year and to see His justice done through the work I am a part of!

3 comments:

  1. The Tanzaninja has arrived! Awesome. Hope you're all rested and that all systems are go. May God massively bless you and those you with whom you labor..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you arrived safely. Keep updating the blog and telling us about your amazing work and experiences - I miss you already and can't wait to SKYPE! XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, BNK :-) Hope your studying & writing are going well, too! :) and thanks, CBass... Miss you too and cannot wait to skype!! (p.s. find me on there!)

    ReplyDelete