Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Where I'll be and What I'll be doing

For those of you who don't know, here's some info on what I'll be doing in Tanzania:

I'll be teaching Art for K-12 (which I'm soooo excited about!) at a Christian school, Haven of Peace Academy, an incredible school that builds up leaders in Africa (40% of the children are missionary students, a third of the students are Tanzanian, and 30+ countries are rep.'ed in the student body). Here's a link to the school's website:

www.hopac.net

I'll also be working with Young Life as a part of their team, helping with the AMAZING work they are doing in Africa. (The mission trip I went on last summer to Liberia was with Young Life, where I was able to witness first-hand and be a part of the incredible work they're doing all across the continent.) Here's the Young Life Africa website (watch the awesome video on it to get an idea of where I'll be and what I'll be doing):

www.bridgethegapafrica.com

And lastly, if you want to know some of my heart and WHY I'm moving to Africa you have to check out this blog.... It's a 21 year old girl who moved to Uganda at age 18, has since adopted 14 (yes, 14) children and started a non-profit where she feeds hundreds of otherwise starving children among many, many other things.... I could go on and on but just please go read some of it yourself- specifically the 2 posts in February 2010- and you can get a glimpse into why I'm going. Jesus loves the poor and needy, the orphans and widows, the "least of these".... so I'm going to go do the same because I love Him. (and ohhhhh how I love those African children too!! :) )

www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com

Wish I had a proper way to sign off in Swahili (though I did learn some this weekend from a Tanzanian at my church!) but that will have to come later.... So, the Texan in me will just say Adios. :)

2 comments:

  1. erin..you are so inspiring!!! so so exciting...God is going to bless so many through you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,I just read Katie's blog. WOW! Amazing. You too are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete