Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Great State of Tejas

So this past month or so has made me more proud to be a Texan than I think I've ever been in my life. Yes, I've always known there's no greater state but I don't think you ever FULLY realize that until you're leaving. And as a result, I think I've listened to more country music this month than I have in the past 10 years combined; I've had Mexican food for probably 4 out of every 5 meals I eat (ok slight exaggeration maybe....); and I've bought plenty of Longhorn and Texas flag bumper stickers, magnets, and t-shirts (and a cute straw Cowboy hat from Target :)) to make sure Texas comes with me to Tanzania and leaves it mark!

There are many, many things I'll miss about Dallas, but (besides of course the PEOPLE- my friends and family- and my dog!) these are officially the top 3 things I will miss the most (talking Dallas here, not all of Texas):

-Dallas Cowboys football (words can't express my sadness here)
-Mi Cocina in HP Village (yes, everything about it- the good, the bad, and the ugly) ;)
-TX/OU weekend (again, everything about it...!)

Dallas peeps, appreciate what you have please. Do it for me because believe me, I'll be having major moments of longing for these things (ahhhhh, Cowboys Sundays especially....!!) Yes, I'm looking ahead here (and can't WAIT for what lies ahead!!) but just reflecting on what I know I'm going to miss, too. At least now I can say I know my 'Dallas Top 3'. :)

**My next assignment: Finding authentic Tex-Mex recipes to bring with me to TZ

4 comments:

  1. I refuse to appreciate the Dallas Cowboys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CBass!! I don't think I'm supposed to comment back on these things, but I'm going to, just for you.... :) Just give this to me for ONCE here!!! I mean, geez- you're prob. the only one who would have the same 2 out of 3 as me here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA. Ok, fine. How about I agree to not hate them while you're gone - how's that for compromise? And I fully support your other 2....obvi.

    ReplyDelete