Thursday, January 27, 2011

Arriving Here


This was my first view of Tanzania from the airplane when I flew back here after Christmas.  This was only my second time to fly into Tanzania, and the first time I flew in I had never before been to Tanzania (I'd been to other African countries before this summer but never Tanzania).  Returning this time brought tears to my eyes.  Looking down at this land that is full of so many riches- riches in spirit and riches in joy, while at the same time full of such poverty- real suffering caused by real poverty.... I couldn't help but cry with tears of gladness as I returned back home to where God has called me.  Looking down and knowing that this land, this country, these people- these were my people, my land, my country....  This is where God has called me.  I felt such honor and such privilege in knowing that He has chosen to call me HERE.  To such a beautiful country and such a beautiful people.  People whom Jesus was referring to when He said:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." -Matthew 5:3

and:

"He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; He seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor." -1 Samuel 2:8


Seeing it from a birds-eye view seemed to bring the "bigger picture" into greater clarity.  Thank you, Lord.  So much.  Thank you for calling me HERE.



And I couldn't help but have a heart swelled with pride as I went through THIS line at the airport. :-)

1 comment:

  1. love knowing the steps along this journey of yours & can totally hear the emotion in your writing - i'm glad you're there.
    davis

    ReplyDelete