Thursday, January 20, 2011

Updates

I woke up this morning with a very distinct and unusual "cozy" feeling.... like, "This is Home."  (partly prob. just b/c I'd slept really well- which is a major blessing! sleep has been getting better and better for me here- and I really just wanted to stay in bed longer, ha)  But it was a great feeling.... After having to come back here from being in the States and "re-adjust" again, it was great to have that feeling of "home" again here.

School has been going GREAT this semester .... I'm very much "into the swing of things" with the curriculum, my students, my classes.... and it's making teaching very enjoyable!  I feel like 1st semester was spent mainly learning how to teach art, learning my students, learning my curriculum, etc. etc. and this semester things are just flowing a lot more naturally and it is making it very enjoyable.  Our school uses a British curriculum from Cambridge so my Grade 10-12 students have to go through very intense exam requirements (they have to produce a LOT of artwork) that they are currently in the process of.  It took me a while to figure out the requirements/expectations/etc. but now that we've (myself and the students) kind of "arrived" there, it's really a blessing to watch my students grow and flourish in their artwork.  I look forward to continuing to push them this semester and to see the beautiful work that they produce!  It's also been a real blessing being able to enjoy the *Art* aspect of my job a little more lately.... I've been digging deeper in my studies of it as I'm having to push my students more and have even been able to spend some time producing artwork myself.

My camera broke when I was home so I had to leave it at Best Buy to be repaired (it was thankfully still under warranty!), and I'm having it brought back here soon (with my roommate Kate, who unfortunately has still been at home in Ohio from Christmas-time b/c she contracted pneumonia when she was home :(  she's on the mend and hopefully coming back here soon....).  Anyway, once my camera is back I'll be able to update here with more pictures.  I spent the day before Christmas break volunteering at an orphanage (our school donated Christmas gifts to them and a few of us teachers delivered them and played with the children for the day).... it was such a blessing- I can't wait to post pics here!  Last week I also went back to William's Village to volunteer with the children and will do so again tomorrow morning.... again, such a wonderful time.  (William is the head cleaner at our school that I've talked about here.... his wife Stella is still doing fine with her pregnancy; please continue to keep her in your prayers, though).

Here's a picture (taken on my iphone; at least I still have that!) of a couple of the precious children I fell in love with last Saturday:


I can't wait to go squeeze those little babies again tomorrow morning! :)

Tonight is also WYLdLife (Young Life's middle school ministry at our school).... Will be lots of fun hanging out with my middle school students and furthering my relationships with them!  Young Life really knows how to have fun with kids and show them the LOVE that Christ has for them.... I'm so thankful to be part of their ministry here!

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!  Just wanted to add some quick updates here on life... Hoping you are all having a very blessed week! :-)

1 comment:

  1. love you Ebay and love living life with you!!!! <><d

    ReplyDelete