Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fundraising

Some of you have asked me about donating to my financial support while I'm here. Yes, I do need to raise support to cover my living expenses, and I would love for you to partner with me in my ministry by doing so! :) The school does give me a monthly stipend which goes quite a way to cover my expenses (since the cost of living here is so low), however I do need to raise additional support to cover my remaining expenses. I do not have an exact figure as to what I will need, but from what I've gathered living here this month, it seems like about a few hundred dollars a month will cover it (I'll update as I figure out more specifics the longer I'm here). Monthly expenses consist of groceries/food, transportation, phone, internet, electricity/gas, the guard at our living compound, and additional incidentals. I will also need to pay rent soon for the upcoming 6 months (rent is paid in full for 6 months at a time), which will be $1200 ($200/month). I would love your help in meeting these needs if you feel led to give. A crucial part of my ministry here is the "support system" I have at home, and this consists of your prayers (and friendship and emotional support! :)) as well as the financial means for me to be able to live here and serve the community I am in.

If you feel led to give, you can make tax-deductible donations through Young Life's website at www.younglife.org by going to the tab "Giving". The site will then give you step-by-step directions in order to set up an account and once you have done so, click "Give a Gift". The page will then give you the option to "Give to a Young Life Area Ministry"- click the "Search" button next to it and choose the option "Search by Area Number" and type in Account # "X450". My account will then come up (Steinhoff/Tanzania) and you can give directly to it. (Bank account withdrawals are preferable to credit card donations, as credit card donations will have a credit card fee that is taken out of the donation total.... but credit card donations are very welcome, too, if that is best for you! :)). You can choose the option of making a one-time or recurring (monthly or quarterly) donation.

If you have any questions about the above steps, please feel free to email me at esteinhoff@sbcglobal.net. I truly appreciate your support (in ALL aspects.... I really cannot thank you enough or express enough my need for and gratitude for your prayers, too!). As you support me through your prayers and financial donations, you are enabling me to serve the people of Tanzania in the various roles that God has placed me in here (teacher of future leaders in Africa, role model to youth, Christian witness, soon-to-be volunteer with orphans, soon-to-be developer of small businesses via Young Life's branch of "Karama", etc. etc. etc.!)

Please do not feel obligated to give because God loves a "cheerful giver" (2 Cor. 9:7). But if you are "cheerful" at the idea of supporting my ministry :) I would love your partnership and please know that I am committed to using the expenses wisely and with diligence, as I know that it is provision coming directly from the Lord. Also be assured that "It is more blessed to give than it is to receive" (Acts 20:35) and that as you become a part of this ministry, you will experience the blessings and rewards that come with it! (And oh, how I can testify to this truth by how blessed I've already been in giving away the "material comforts" of life in the US in order to "give" of my life here in Africa!)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support.... again, please let me know if you have any questions at all, and I look forward to partnering with many of you as I move forward on this wonderful journey the Lord has me on! :-)

Love,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment