Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Some Ministry Updates

-I spent last Friday night with the high school leaders of Wyld Life at a Leaders' Retreat/Sleepover and am so excited for these relationships and the ministry that lie ahead this year!! (WyldLife is Young Life's middle school ministry, which I'll be helping out with this year at HOPAC). YL/WL have SUCH amazing ministries.... Relationships, FUN, Joy, Unconditional Love, Jesus, Laughter.... All of these exemplify YL's ministry and I am so thankful to be a part of it!!

-I'm volunteering at a local village church this Saturday morning.... one of the custodians at school spends a couple of hours every Saturday morning with the 75+ children at his church (all by himself!) so I'm going with my roommate Marie and another friend to volunteer with them this weekend... to play games/do crafts/etc (whatever ideas we can come up with). I'm really looking forward to it and would love your prayers for this time!

-Next week I'll be taking a group of middle school students from our school out to a local under-privileged school to do arts & crafts activities with the children.... We'll be doing this every Thursday afternoon (12:30-2:00pm)- going out to different schools- so I would love your continued prayers for these Thursday afternoons!

-In general, I'm just really loving teaching and I'm really loving my students.... I'm really, really enjoying getting to know them more and developing relationships with them. I love the opportunity to be at a Christian school where I can teach them the truths and love of Christ and the opportunity to speak it into 300+ students' lives! (that's the benefit of being the Art teacher and teaching the whole school :))

Your prayers for all of these areas of ministry are very much appreciated.... I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to be used in so many different ways and areas out here, and I believe "God does nothing but in answer to prayer" (John Wesley). So thank you! Love to you and God bless! :)

2 comments: